25 Narrative Essay Topics For A High School Or College Assignment
Narrative essay writing is a type of academic assignment that asks you to write about something personal that can reveal something about the person you are or what things you believe in. Choosing the right topic will enable you to demonstrate your writing skills while discussing something you know about really well. Here’s a list of 25 narrative essay topics for a high school or college-level assignment:
Narrative Essay Topics about Friends and Family
- Is there something you have accomplished with your family that makes you very proud?
- Have you ever had a difference of opinion on an important issue with a family member?
- What type of relationship do you have with your siblings? Are you similar in any way?
- Do you have nicknames for different people in your immediate or extended family?
- What are some of the traditions you have with friends and family that you still practice?
Narrative Essay Topics about Influential Role Models
- Have you ever experienced acts of heroism or bravery that have inspired your actions?
- Is there a certain motto or saying that influences the way you approach personal life?
- If you had the opportunity to interview any person in the world, who would it be and why?
- If your school had the chance to invite any political figure for a speech, who would you want?
- What is the best or most important piece of advice you have received from a role model?
Narrative Essay Topics about Memories from Childhood
- What is an object from your childhood that you absolutely wish you could have now?
- What kinds of things did you collect when you were a child and why were they important?
- What were your favorite Saturday morning or weekday afternoons when you were a child?
- What were some of your favorite places to visit with your family when you were younger?
- What is a food you recall trying for the first time and liking for years after childhood?
Narrative Essay Topics about Your Community
- What is a place in your community or neighborhood that you like to visit often in the week?
- How much of your personality is defined by the way your community or neighborhood is?
- Do you like to hang out at any of your local parks and if so what do you like doing there?
- Are there buildings or structures in neighborhood that you think are beautiful in design?
- Does your community or neighborhood have a saying or motto that everyone lives by?
Narrative Essay Topics about Your Personality
- Is there something in your personal life that motivates you to work harder in school?
- How good at you at making difficult decisions and what can you do to make improvements?
- What is something that you are really good at doing and sharing with others around you?
- Do you think that you are someone who exhibits self-control or do you have weaknesses?
- Are you someone who can achieve success through a tremendous amount of pressure?
Feel free to use any of the above topics as they are or by modifying them to fit your personal interests. Share them with other classmates and don’t forget to take advantage of professional writing services for expert review of your completed assignment or for assistance in getting a high-quality essay written.